The property is located in the Edgemoor section of New Castle County, just north of the City of¬†Wilmington. Edgemoor features a mix of industrial, commercial and residential uses. The area is home to the Norfolk Southern Rail Yard, Calpine Mid-Atlantic Power Plant, and several light industrial and commercial operations. As one of the largest available properties in New Castle County, the redevelopment of this property is important to the local community and the larger region.
- The site is conveniently located at Exit 4 on Interstate 495, with easy access to northern Delaware, greater Philadelphia, and southern New Jersey.
- The property features active rail spurs served by Norfolk Southern and is less than one mile from the Edgemoor Rail Yard.
- The former industrial manufacturing site is served by all major utilities.
- Located in the active Delaware River Port region, the site is ideally suited for multi-modal dependent operations and uses.
- The property is surrounded by industrial, power generation, commercial and waterfront uses.
- New Castle County, Delaware offers a skilled workforce, a growing and diverse economy and competitive advantages for new and expanding businesses.
Potential Site Uses
A preliminary reuse assessment identified numerous market drivers within the greater Philadelphia-Wilmington region. The following are examples of industries that may benefit from locating on the property:
- Intermodal transport and distribution
- Warehouse and rail-based yard operations
- Marine-related industries
- Remanufacturing disassembly, reassembly
- Light industrial and assembly
- Green industry manufacturing and research